17 Defining Moments of 2017
I'm currently scrolling through all 3,000+ photos I've taken in 2017 and it's been a memorable year to say the least! There's been highs and lows, but through it all, I've grown from each and every experience. Here is my round up of 17 defining moments of 2017!
- Living on my own for the first time and learning how to "adult"
- Growing my blog and collaborating with companies for the first time (Huge thanks to all my readers!)
- My brother moving to SF. I miss having him in the house, but the distance has brought us closer
- Going to NY for the first time and meeting new people who will be life long friends
- Not taking things for granted and appreciating the little things in life after being in the midst of the Penn Station panic stampede
- Being okay with rejections, knowing there's something better in store for me
- Being more active and learning the importance of self-care
- Interning at a growing start-up, Highspot, where I've learned the complexities of businesses and have been able to make a real impact
- Not letting fear get in the way of an opportunity
- Interning at AT&T Entertainment Group & learning so much about UX Research, various types of design, and the entertainment industry
- Living in LA for 3 months. Weekends at the beach, exploring the city, and it wouldn't be LA without running into celebs
- All the new friends I've made through my internships. I've learned a lot from each of them and value their friendship so much
- Appreciating all that Seattle has to offer
- Being spontaneous and exploring more
- Learning when to say no
- Building lasting relationships with professors and managers who will forever be my mentors
- Road-tripping to California twice; enjoying the long conversations and the beauty of the west coast
I can't wait to see what 2018 brings! What were some of your defining moments of 2017? Would love to hear about them in the comments!